The Barracuda dive team is open to all WRC members. Westleigh has one of the few private pools in Montgomery County with competition-level diving boards. Our divers participate in Montgomery County Diving League (MCDL) meets and the entire team community has fun in social events every Friday night and in a celebratory banquet at the end of the season. Ages 4-18 years old and all skill levels are welcome (basic, unassisted swimming ability is required).
Please check out these frequently asked questions about the dive team, including information about meet schedules, fees, and volunteering.
Meg is currently the assistant dive team coach at West Virginia University, has 19 years dive and 10 years gymnastics experience, and has 5+ years private club coaching experience.
Registration to the dive team is a 2-step process:
- Fill out the online form, or email the hard copy form to the Dive Team Reps; and
- Pay your registration fees through your WRC member portal, or by check (payable to “Westleigh Dive Team”) and given in person to one of the Dive Team Reps.
Try it! If you’re not sure whether diving is right for you, you can try 3 practices for $45 (includes mandatory MCDL insurance), and if you decide to join the team this amount is credited towards your dive team registration (trial divers must still register).
Practice times are Monday through Friday:
- June 5 – 16: 4:30 pm – 7 pm. Open practice, all ages. Divers practice for 45-90 minutes within this practice window, depending on age and ability.
- June 19 – July 20: 4 pm – 7 pm. Coach Meg will assign age groups to general practice times. Time conflicts can be managed with the coach.
- * July 16 – 21: only for divers competing in the Robin Hood Invitational or Divisionals.
- ** July 24 – 25: TBD for divers competing in All Stars.
* There is no practice on any Wednesday when there is a swim team home meet and on July 4th. *
The complete meet schedule and all pool addresses can be found on MCDL’s website.
General Information: Please contact Dive Team Reps Andrea and Callie at WestleighDiveTeam@gmail.com.
Memberships: Please contact Membership Manager Kim at email@example.com.